Assess, learn, reinforce, support and validate.
The New Horizons approach to training is this: Make the most advanced and up-to-date courses, materials and instruction even more advanced by tailoring them to the specific learning styles, needs and environments of the people and businesses who invest in them. So we combine industry-leading learning content with ways to deliver that content that work for any work environment. And we accomplish that by getting to know the businesses we serve and tying our learning solutions to real business objectives.
New Horizons’ ability to expertly assess needs, improve skills, reinforce learning and track progress helps us deliver the highest training ROI.
Our Integrated Learning Approach includes five stages:
Determine individual skills and business goals and then match the course content and learning
method to your company’s goals. Make the most of your training investment by identifying
knowledge gaps and focusing on the most relevant courses to fill those gaps.
Some training providers offer classroom learning, some eLearning. New Horizons has become
the world’s largest independent IT training provider by delivering online and offline learning
methods, as well as variations within those methods.
Our learning methods include:
- Comprehensive course selection of Instructor-Led Training
- Logistical convenience and interactive classroom experience of Online LIVE®
- Flexible pacing and instructor-guided support of Mentored Learning®
- Self-paced convenience of Online ANYTIME®
- Low downtime and high efficiency of On-site Training
Even the best course content in the world needs to be reinforced throughout the course
session and long after class is over. New Horizons integrates a wealth of learning resources
into the training process to keep the learning fluid and increase retention.
- Courseware: Take one of our more complex technical courses and you’ll have access to a complete vendor authorized learning reinforcement kit.
- eCourseware: As a traditional Instructor-Led Training or Online LIVE student, you'll have access to the latest version of the course content (where available).
- Post-class resources: Use self-paced, interactive multimedia tutorials during class or as a post-class reference for traditional Instructor-Led Training and Online LIVE classes.
- Online LIVE archives: Bolster your learning by listening to archived classroom course recordings, available 24/7.
- Online reference books: 24/7 access to the electronic versions of the top technical books from MIT Press, O’Reilly, Que, SAMS and other leading technology publishers.
- Virtual labs: Hands-on experience is one of the most effective ways to reinforce learning, and New Horizons’ Labs On Demand give you the opportunity to practice what you’ve learned on real equipment that replicates working with the top networking technologies.
- New Horizons retake policy: Based on available space, you can retake a traditional Instructor-Led or Online LIVE training course within six months of your completion date.
- Exam preparation: Preparing for a certification exam? New Horizons puts you in a simulated testing environment to get you ready to pass your exam the first time.
Learning aides go a long way to reinforce your training. But New Horizons goes beyond that
with resources that make our reinforcement tools more effective.
- Ongoing account executive consultation: Whether you’re a consumer, small/medium-sized business or enterprise, you need your own kind of ongoing support, and New Horizons delivers it.
- My New Horizons homepage: Purchase the Online LIVE course and you’ll be able to access your Online LIVE learning plan through your own personal portal on newhorizons.com.
- Technical help desk support: As an Online LIVE or Online ANYTIME student you’ll get the expert technical troubleshooting help you need.
- Training administration: Track your team’s learning progress through the customized reports and capabilities of the New Horizons learning management system.
Whether you’re a student or corporate training manager, use the validation component of New
Horizons’ Integrated Learning Approach to track learning progress, identify areas that need
improvement and gauge the business value of the skills you or your teams are learning.
- Certification exam testing: New Horizons is the largest Prometric and VUE exam provider, and offers students a proctored environment to achieve certification. (Sold separately.)
- Assessment: As a New Horizons student you can measure your acquired and retained knowledge by using our exam preparation tools.
- Post-class survey: New Horizons distributes surveys 60 days after training to see how the skills students learn translate to better job performance. We also gauge student satisfaction with the overall learning experience and use the feedback to continuously improve training and services.
- Learning transcripts: View your Online ANYTIME and Online LIVE learning plans
- Course evaluations: To ensure the industry-leading quality of New Horizons training, facilities and course content, traditional Instructor-Led Training and Online LIVE students regularly evaluate our instructors and courses.